Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-11-15_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWBLpahhVRk
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from Watersheds Canada, approved a by-law to prohibit cannabis cultivation on certain lands, and purchased two radar speed display signs.
Watersheds Canada AOC Project – Barbara King
- The Watersheds Canada works to preserve and restore lakes and Rivers in Eastern Ontario.
- According to their research, 78% of properties do not meet the minimum criteria for sustaining lake health.
- Their plan is to work with 50 waterfront property owners over the next three years to plant 12,500 native species and restore the habitat along 3km of degraded shoreline within the St. Lawrence River Area.
- The ask of the Township is to help promote the program.
Authorization of Alternative Voting Methods
- Council approved to authorize alternative voting methods for the 2022 municipal election.
2022 Council Meeting Schedule
- Council approved the 2022 Council Meeting Schedule.
Interim Control By-law – Cannabis Cultivation, Production and Processing
- Council approved to revise a by-law to allow the extension to the interim control by-law to prohibit cannabis cultivation, production, and processing throughout the Township of South Glengarry.
Fire Services Health and Safety Policy – Facial Hair
- Council approved to adopt a Fire Policy to regulate expected personal appearance as it related to facial hair for the members of South Glengarry Fire Servies. This will allow for the proper fitting of breathing apparatuses.
- Council approved Administration to proceed with utilizing Canoe for Co-operative Purchasing. This will allow for preferred pricing, trade compliance, and a simplified purchasing process.
RFQ 21-2021 – Traffic Calming Measures
- Council approved to award Traffic Logix for the purchase of two radar speed display signs for the purpose of traffic calming measures for the price of $2,937 to $4,067. This is for the purchase of Radar Speed Display Signs.
RFP 18-2021 – Professional Municipal Engineering Services
- Council approved to award Ainley Graham & Associates Limites, EVB Engineering, and Morrison Hershfield Limited for professional municipal engineering services on an “as need” basis subject to their hourly rate and availability.
Floodplain Mapping Project Update
- The Mapping Project will allow the Township to be aware of possible flooding areas should a disaster occur. The project was completed for $25,323.05 under budget.
- The next steps are to officially incorporate the mapping via by-law at a future Council meeting.
Enbridge Project Zero Alarm Grant (D. Robertson)
- Enbridge gas has donated the Township with 168 combination alarms for distribution in South Glengarry to residents who are deemed high risk (financial struggles, elderly, restricted means).
Summary – Kennedy Redwood Survey (L. McDonald)
- Out of the 29 surveys returned, 24 replied “yes” to supporting applying full water rates to non-developed lots. The owners of the vacant lots were unanimously opposed.
- Council agreed a rate of “vacant lot at constructed, then 3.75% for 4 years” then return to 3% thereafter and to include vacant lots in this pay structure.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Departmental Update – Corporate Services (October 2021)
- Departmental Update – Planning, Building and Enforcement (October 2021)
- Departmental Update – Parks, Recreation and Culture Department (October 2021)
- Departmental Update – Fire Services (October 2021)
- Departmental Update – Infrastructure Services (October 2021)
- Departmental Update – Finance Services (October)
- Enbridge – Ontario Energy Board Notice
- Resolutions – Renovictions
- Resolution – Vaccine Passport Program (City of Kitchener)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, November 29, 2021.