Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=4665
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HW6plsDYGrI
City Council received a presentation on the Recreation Master Plan, received a presentation from the Senior Friendly Committee, and discussed the Land Lord Licensing Public Consultation survey results.
Recreation Master Plan Update
- The Recreation Master Plan will provide a 10-year guide for enhancing recreational facilities and parks and will build on the plan developed in 2009.
- The Recreational Master Plan includes 71 actions focused on bringing inclusive recreational access to residents. Some recommendations can be enacted soon, while others will require more research and consultation before passing.
- Council approved, in principle, the Recreation Master Plan. More specific discussions and motions will be had in the future to carry out the plan.
Senior Friendly Community Committee Annual Update by Norm Quenneville and Ian McKinnon
- The Senior Friendly Committee is initiating a new project, Seniors on Wheels, to address the isolation of the Seniors of Cornwall by leveraging Cornwall’s extensive Bike Path.
- The goal is to purchase “Tri-shaw” (tricycle meets rickshaw) that isolated seniors can ride in. Through a combination of grants and City support, the committee hopes to purchase one in 2022.
Council approved the following under the Consent Items:
- Proclamation – Doctors’ Day
- Proclamation – Falun Dafa Day
- Proclamation – Melanoma and Skin Cancer Awareness Month
- Proclamation – Mental Health Week
- Proclamation – Optimist Month
- Proclamation – Pay It Forward Day
- Elected Officials Expense Statements for the Period of January 1 to March 31, 2021
- Tender 21-T10 – Justice Building Emergency Generator Replacement
- RFP 20-P07 Supply and Maintenance of Multi-Function Devices
Resolution – 2021-06 – Roundabout at Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road
- Council declined to add a Roundabout at Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road to the 2022 budget deliberations as part of the Capital Budget and complete the costing of the project included in the budget submission. Although Council does support the intent of the roundabout, they believe it is not the time to take on this project.
Community Gardening and Urban Agriculture Update
- The report outlines specific definitions (for example, community gardens and farmer’s markets) to create a comprehensive zoning by-law.
Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results
- The public survey took feedback from tenants, landlords, and the public.
- The main concern revealed through the survey was the cost of the licensing fee.
- Administration is researching other municipalities to gather more information on the possibility of implementing the program in Cornwall and will present the findings to Council in the future.
Proclamation – Paramedic Services Week
- Council approved to proclaim the week of May 23 – 29, 2021 as “Paramedic Services Week” in Cornwall.
2021 Census of Population
- Council approved to encourage all residents to complete their census questionnaire online at www.census.gc.ca
Locomotive #17 – Notice of Intention to Repeal By-law #134-2006
- Council approved a notice of intention to repeal By-law #134-2006 because a group came forward with the intent to restore the Locomotive through fundraising.
Building and By-Law Quarterly Report
- Council approved the receive the report.
Request for Grading By-law
- Council approved to direct Administration to prepare a Grading By-Law for Council’s consideration.
Halting Yard Sales During Pandemic
- Council declined to request Council to prepare a report for the next Regular Meeting of Council on how yard sales can be prohibited during the pandemic.
Council approved the following By-Laws
- By-law 2021-042 – 2021 Annual Domiciliary Contracts
- By-law 2021-043 – Transfer Payment Agreement with the Minister of Community Safety and Correctional Services
- By-law 2021-044 – Lease Agreement with Waterfront Tours
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, May 10, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for April 12, 2021:
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020||Planning, Development and Recreation Interim Report – Zoning Bylaw||April 26, 2021|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||April 26, 2021|
|Electoral System Review – Comparison to Other Municipalities- November 25, 2019- January 13, 2020September 28, 2020||Corporate Services||May 10, 2021|
|Urban Campground in Guindon Park – November 9, 2020||Planning, Development and Recreation||May 25, 2021|
|Petition for Crosswalk on Second Street West Riverdale Terrace- February 24, 2020- January 22, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Work||Spring 2021|
|Electoral System Review – Public Consultation – November 25, 2019 – January 13, 2020 – September 28, 2020||Town Hall||TBD|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 10, 2020||Working Group||TBD|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||TBD|
|Parking During Pandemic and Parking Program Working Group Recommendations – May 11, 2020 – June 8, 2020 – September 13, 2020 – January 11, 2020 – January 25, 2021||Parking Program Working Group||TBD|
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – October 26, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Corner of Second and Pitt Streets Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|