Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=8245
The Council of South Stormont received an update on the Long Sault Logistics Village Development project.
Delegation – Overview of Long Sault Logistics Village Development – Camino LVS Inc.
- Camino LVS creates transmodual logistics villages across Canada. Their goal is to create a 680-acre multi-modal transportation hub in Long Sault. Long Sault is a strategic location with potential for economic development and access to infrastructure resources.
- The Village will be developed on the land between the 401 and the CN Railway, north of the village of Long Sault.
- The public can learn more about the project and participate in a survey on their website here: https://www.caminolvs.com/
- The next steps are to work with the Township and CN Rail to coordinate applications and access to develop the land. In 2022, Camino LVS plans to start construction and development on the site.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Service Manager Joint Liaison Committee – October 5, 2021 Draft Minutes
- Raisin Region Conservation Authority – October 21, 2021 Board Meeting Highlights
- Monthly Activity Summary – CAO, Economic Development/Communications, Human Resources
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Finance/Treasurer
- Monthly Activity Summary – Fire Chief
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Planning/Building
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Public Works
Unbudgeted Capital Expenditures
- The CAO approved expenditures for two emergency repairs at the Shave Road Bridge ($150-200K range) and the East Isalnd Causeway culvert ($20-30K range).
Notice of 2022 Council Meeting Dates
- Council received the 2022 Regular Council Meeting Dates.
Property Tax Sale by Public Tender
- The Township proceeded with a tax sale for qualified properties to recover outstanding taxes. Three of the fifteen properties advertised were sold through the tender process.
Draft Debt Management Policy
- The draft Debt Policy Management will outline the borrowing of debt and managing outstanding debt. The draft Policy will be brought back to Council for approval at a future meeting.
Draft Multi Year Budget Policy
- The draft Multi Year Budget Policy establishes consistent principles, standards, and guidelines for the budgeting process. The Policy will be brought back to Council for approval at a future meeting.
Third Quarter Drainage Report
- The quarterly report is brought to Council to inform on beaver trapping, request for drain maintenance, and completed drain maintenance.
- Since July 2021, there have been 66 beavers trapped, maintenance completed on County Road 18 Drain “B”, and current maintenance to 6 other drains in the Township.
Winter Sidewalk Closure
- The seasonal closure of sidewalk maintenance is closed between November 01 – April 01 of each year.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2021-084 Dedicate Land as Public Highway (Marydale Avenue, One Foot Reserve)
- By-law No. 2021-085 Amend By-law No. 2011-100 (MacLean)
- By-law No. 2021-086 Amend By-law No. 2011-100 (Moke)
- By-law No. 2021-087 Adopt a Public Petition Policy
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, November 10, 2021.