Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=7387
The Council of South Stormont held a public meeting to review the changes to Zoning By-Law updates, received a delegation from Otter Energy, and rescinded the By-law to close the Lakeview Park.
Public Meeting – Zoning Amendment Application No. Z-2021-03 Housekeeping update VII
- The Zoning By-law is typically reviewed annually and updated to correct errors, provide clarification, update maps/schedules, and introduce new provisions.
- The Zoning By-Law updates presented to Council include rewording definitions to make them more clear and updated to align with new By-laws passed throughout the year.
- No comments or questions were received from the public. The revised Zoning By-Law will be brought to Council at a future meeting for adoption.
Delegations – Green Inclusive Community Building Program, Otter Energy, Heine Bruining, Steven Bakker, Darrin Crawford
- Infrastructure Canada has launched the Green Inclusive Community Building Program that targets energy efficiency measures and green retrofits for new and existing community-oriented buildings. There is 100% funding up to $250,000 or 80% funding over $250,000 and up to $3 million in free grant funding.
- Otter Energy can manage these grants for the municipality through design, review system details, application, approval, and installation.
Council approved the following under Consent Items:
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Finance/Treasurer
- Monthly Activity Summary – Fire Chief
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Parks and Recreation
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Planning/Building
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Public Works
Corporate Services IT Statistics Update
- The Township hired Optimus Tech Solutions as the Managed Service Provider. Furthermore, the Township employs a Business Systems Coordinator to support staff, update hardware, software, and other IT support.
Multi-Year Budget Process (2022-2024)
- Council approved to proceed with a three-year budget process for 2022 – 2024.
2021 Update of Subdivision and Site Plan Guidelines
- Council approved to direct Administration to update the Township’s Site Plan and Subdivision Guidelines. The guidelines will be based on removing provisions allowing lots to be held for securities, updating landscape standards, applicable updates to technical requirements, and adjustments to timing for paving.
Lakeview Waterfront Park – 2021
- Council approved to rescind Resolution No. 111/2021, thus allowing the opening of Lakeview Park.
- The EOHU has provided guidelines that allow the safe opening of the park throughout the summer. The guidelines include staff ensuring that people maintain social distancing.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2021-0044 Automatic Aid Agreement with South Dundas
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, May 26, 2021.