Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=7527
The Council of South Stormont received a presentation on “Speak Up South Stormont,” approved to support a national 988 suicide and crisis hotline, and approved to postpone Canada Day Celebrations to September 04, 2021.
Council welcomed the new Asset Management Coordinator, Mohammed Alsharqawi.
Council approved the following consent items:
- Monthly Activity Summary – CAO
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Monthly Activity Summary – Fire Chief
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Parks and Recreation
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Planning/Building
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Public Works
- Monthly Activity Summary-Director of Finance/Treasurer
Speak Up South Stormont Platform
- Speak Up South Stormont is an online portal to build a strong communication relationship between the Township and the community by allowing for back and forth conversation and public engagement.
- The website will showcase current projects, events, and other issues to solicit public feedback to help influence the decisions made by staff and Council. There will also be a social-media-type feature where the public will be able to take pictures and make comments or suggestions on their favourite place in South Stormont.
- Speak Up South Stormont will launch Monday, June 14, 2021.
Support Municipality of Calvin – Three-digit Crisis Line
- Council approved to support the resolution from the Municipality of Calvin regarding the endorsement of a national three‐digit suicide and crisis hotline (988).
Acknowledge Receipt of Petition – Wheeler and Maloney Roads
- A petition was submitted to Council requesting road repair of Maloney and Wheeler Roads.
- Council approved to acknowledge the receipt of a petition requesting road repair and repaving on Maloney and Wheeler Roads and explain the road needs process and level of service provided in response.
Solar Energy Proposal
- Otter Energy presented to Council at the May 12 meeting with the option to implement solar energy panels on the roof of the Arena. It was recommended by Mr. Barros of Share a Watt to review what steps the Township should take to consider whether solar panels on the Arena roof will provide the return on investment proposed by Otter Energy.
- Council approved to direct staff to investigate options for conducting an energy audit of municipal facilities and report back to Council at a future meeting.
Options for Celebrate Canada 2021
- Council approved to postpone all budgeted events and firework displays for Celebrate Canada activities scheduled for July 1, 2021, and move those activities to September 4, 2021, pending any pandemic-related restrictions.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2021-049 Borrowing By-law to Authorize an Application to the Ontario Infrastructure and Lands Corporation for a Fire Pump Truck
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, June 23, 2021.