Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=8486
The Council of South Stormont closed indoor recreation programs and facilities, received the 2020 Drinking Water Quality Management System, and approved to support the John Chase Subdivision.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Lost Villages Historical Society – December 13, 2021 Minutes
- Monthly Activity Summary – CAO, HR, Communications & Economic Development
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Finance/Treasurer
- Monthly Activity Summary – Fire Chief
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Parks and Recreation
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Planning/Building
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Public Works
Parks and Recreation Programs and Facilities Update
- Due to the government shutdowns from COVID-19, the township has decided to close indoor public programs and facilities.
Drinking-Water Quality Management System (DWQMS)
- Council approved the receipt of the 2020 Drinking Water Quality Management System Management Review, including Review Procedure, Review Checklist, Operations Plan Manual, and Certificate of Accreditation.
Plan of Subdivision Comments – John Chase Subdivision
- Council approved to support the Plan of Subdivision Application for John Chase Subdivision in Long Sault.
- The subdivision will include 65 single detached homes, 18 semi-detached homes, and 28 multi-residential units.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2022-001 Authorize Temporary Borrowing
- By-law No. 2022-002 Interim Tax Levy
- By-law No. 2022-003 Repeal By-law No. 2021-092 and Amend By-law No. 2020-011 Seasonal Closure of Specified Sidewalks
- By-law No. 2022-004 Name and Dedicate Land as Public Highway – Long Sault East Industrial Park
- By-law No. 2022-005 Authorize the Sale of Land to Elysian Design and Build Limited – Long Sault East Industrial Park
- By-law No. 2022-006 Authorize the Sale of Land to Abdullah AlSaheb (Bubbly Shisha) – Long Sault East Industrial Park
- By-law No. 2022-007 Authorize Sale of Land to Christopher and Elizabeth Thompson – Long Sault East Industrial Park
Council moved into a closed meeting.
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, January 26, 2021.