Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=7305
The Council of South Stormont received the Revenue and Expidenture Report for the 1st Quarter, extended nomination intake for the Volunteer of the Year Award, and decided to close the Lakeview Waterfront Park for the summer of 2021.
Council approved the following under Consent Items:
- Conservation Review Board Raisin River Heritage Centre Acknowledgement Letter
- South Nation Conservation 2020 Audit Report
Procurement Update – Monthly Report
- The CAO gave a summary report on the procurement contracts for April.
- This includes contracts for surface treatment, grass mowing, and sidewalk repair.
Revenue and Expenditure Report – Quarter 1 (January 01 – March 31, 2021)
- The Township has received $225,650 from Ontario Partnership Fund and $283,497 from rentals, totalling $678,398.00. Although Parks and Recreation could not generate the projected revenue, it will soon be supplemented by government funds. Also, the new DocuPet program is anticipated to create new revenues.
- Expenditures were $1,758,233, which represents 10% of the budgeted expenses of 2021.
Drainage Report – Quarter 1
- Council received the Quarterly Drainage Report to inform of beaver trapping, request for drain maintenance, and completed drain maintenance within the Township.
- In Q-1 no beavers have been trapped, and the Dafoe Drain has been repaired. Over the year, there will be requests to maintenance and repair nine other drains in the Township.
Renewal of Health and Safety Policy Statement
- Council approved to Renew the Township Health & Safety Policy Statement. A review of the policy is done annually.
Support Town of Wasaga Beach – Advocacy for Reform MFIPPA Legislation
- Council approved to support the Town of Wasaga Beach in their request to the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services to review and reform the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The current version is outdated.
Declare Emergency Preparedness Week
- Council approved to declare the week of May 02-08 2021 as Emergency Preparedness Week in the Township.
2020 Volunteer of the Year Award Presentation Options
- Council approved to move forward with the nomination process with the Volunteer Appreciation Committee for the 2020 Volunteer of the Year Award. The winner will be presented with an award at the regular meeting of Council on September 08, 2021.
- Nominations for the award will be accepted until June 15, 2021.
Lakeview Waterfront Park – 2021 Operational Options
- Council approved to close the Lakeview Waterfront Park from May 20 – September 07, 2021, due to the COVID-19 pandemic (or until a time where staff will not have to enforce physical distancing and capacity restrictions).
- The expected cost to staff and operate under the COVID-19 regulations would cost $107,310. This is approximately $68,430 over the expected budget to manage this park.
- Members of the public have reached out to express that they would like to see a safe solution to keep the park open as opposed to closing it entirely.
- Councillor Guindon and MacIssac expressed that they would like Administration to keep an eye on the situation. Should an opportunity arise where the park could open, Administration is to proceed with the process to open the park without waiting until the next Council meeting for approval. Mayor McGillis raised concerns about the importance of outdoor spaces for mental health and would also like to see the parks open as soon as possible.
Enbridge Pipeline Integrity Dig Program Consent Request
- Council approved the Blanket Crossing and Approach Consent Request from X-Calibur on behalf of Enbridge Pipline Inc.
- This will allow them to move forward with access points to inspect the Pipelines regularly as opposed to asking for permission each time they need access.
SDG Joint Tender for Asphalt Paving – Provisional Item
- Council approved the joint tender between then Township and the United Counties of SDG for Hot Mix Asphalt Tender, awarded to R.W. Tomlinson Limited for $348,160.00.
St. Andrews West Pedestrian Crossover
- Council approved to support the request for a Pedestrian Crossover on County Road 18 at St. Andrew’s Catholic School.
2020 Water Wastewater Annual Summary Reports
- Council approved the receipt of the 2020 Summary Reports for the Long Sault-Ingleside Regional Water Treatment Plant, Newington Water Treatment Plant, and St. Andrew’s/Rosedale Distribution System.
- Council also approved to receive the 2020 Annual Performance Reports for the Long Sault Wastewater Treatment System and the Ingleside Wastewater Treatment System.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2021-036 to Amend By-law No. 2011-100 (Brisbois)
- By-law No. 2021-037 Permanently Close a Portion of a Highway
- By-law No. 2021-038 Dedicate Land as Public Highway (Willy Allan and Allinotte )
- By-law No. 2021-039 Amend By-law No. 2018-054 Regional Incentives Program
- By-Law No. 2021-040 Amend By-Law No. 2021-015 and Establish General Fees and Charges
- By-law No. 2021-041 Amend By-law No. 2017-042 Records Management By-law
- By-law No. 2021-042 Adopt Closed Meeting Protocol
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, May 12, 2021.