Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southstormont.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=7118
The Council of South Stormont held a public meeting on Z-2021-02 (Brisbois), received an update from the United Counties of SDG, and adopted a new Pet Licensing Software.
Public Meeting Z-2021-02 (Brisbois)
- This public meeting is regarding the rezoning of 15026 Colonial Drive from General Commercial to Residential. The property currently consists of an existing residential single detached dwelling. The proposed is to rezone the property to allow for a single detached and duplex dwelling, creating two independent residential lots.
- No questions or comments were submitted by the public.
- Any members of the public that were unable to attend the meeting can still submit their questions or comments by emailing email@example.com
SDG Municipal Update: Tim Simpson, CAO and Ben de Haan, Director of Transportation and Planning Services
- The CAO and Director of Transportation of the United Counties of SDG gave a quick update on the plans of the SDG Counties.
- The plan includes a CIP plan, $250K in grant money, a 6 Point Priority Plan, vaccination assistance through the SDG County Library, an education review, and improvements to transportation.
- Transportation improvements planned for this year include St. Andrew’s West (Urban Area and east of SDG 18), SDG 18 (west of SDG 11), SDG 15 (north of SDG 18).
- Other improvements include regional waste management, winter maintenance, investments in patrol yards, storm sewers, culverts/bridges,2-way Radios, Planning, and Forestry.
Council approved the following under Consent Items:
- Ontario Power Generation Transfers to Akwesasne Reserve No. 59
- SDG Police Services Board Resolution
- MPAC 2020 Annual Report
- Monthly Activity Summary – CAO
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Corporate Services/Clerk
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Finance/Treasurer
- Monthly Activity Summary – Fire Chief
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Planning/Building
- Monthly Activity Summary – Director of Public Works
Integrity Commissioner Services – 2020 Annual Report
- There have been no complaints or inquiries from Council to the Integrity Commissioner in 2020.
Closed Meeting Protocol – Draft for Consideration
- The Draft closed meeting Protocol provides more direction around the closed meeting proceedings. The final draft will be presented to Council for adoption at the next regular meeting.
Draft Building By-Law
- The current Building By-Law passed in 2012 requires updates to make it more current and efficient.
- The draft by-law notes several changes, including changes to the collection of fees for annual maintenance of an open permit, conditional permits, distance agreement limits, temporary permits, and fencing at construction sites.
COVID-19 Financials Update
- The Township received over $535,000 in funding from Dec 2020
2020 MNP Audit Engagement
- MNP will conduct the 220 Audit.
2020 Council Remuneration and Expenses Report
- The treasurer is required to provide an annual itemized statement of the remuneration and expenses paid in the previous year as a public record.
Pet Licensing Software – DocuPet
- The new Pet Licensing software will be launching on May 01, 2021.
- The new program will provide a lost pet service and easy renewal for dog tags.
Ingleside Water Tower Branding
- The existing branding of “Ingleside” will be replaced with “South Stormont”
- The estimated cost is $19,658 (plus HST).
- Council noted that the expense was too high and decided not to approve the quote.
Community Strategic Plan
- Council adopted the new Strategic Plan. The process included a new Vision and Mission Statement, guiding principles, and five strategic themes to help direct Council.
Support Township of Hudson – Fire Departments
- Council approved to support the Township of Hudson in their request to have federal and provincial governments provide funding for the apparatuses, training, equipment and structures for fire departments.
2021 Municipal Grant Applications
- Council approved the following 2021 Municipal Grants: $300 to Cornwall Township Historical Society, $1,500 to South Stormont Chamber of Commerce, and $1,500 to Friendly Circle Seniors Club.
2021 Excluded Expenses Report
- Council approved the 2021 Excluded Expenses Report.
One Time Doubling of Gas Tax Funds in 2021
- Council will receive an extra $399,707 in Gas Tax Funds for 2021 on top of the scheduled $415,786.
- Council approved to allocate these additional funds to the Waterfront Development Plan.
RFQ No. 02-2021 Supply and Delivery of Granular Materials
- Council approved to award the Supply and Delivery of Granular Materials to Cornwall Gravel Company for a total amount of $320,453.25 (plus HST).
RFQ No. 06-2021 Valade Road Bridge Rehabilitation
- Council approved to award the Valade Road Bridge Rehabilitation to DW Building Restoration Services for $372,465 (plus HST).
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law No. 2021-030 Adopt the 2021 Tax Rates
- By-law No. 2021-031 Authorize Fire Safety Grant Agreement
- By-law No. 2021-032 Responsible Pet Ownership By-law
- By-law No. 2021-033 Regulate Speed on Bayview Road
- By-law No. 2021-034 Regulate Traffic on Manning Road
- Council approved calling on the federal and provincial governments to do more to get vaccines to the Eastern Ontario Health Unit to administer to their residents.
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Wednesday, April 28, 2021.