Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/Agenda-Package—CM_Oct04_2021.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCwr0Hf3bzM
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from Storm Internet, approved a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and approved to enter into a five-year agreement with the Cornwall Police Service.
Storm Internet Project Update – Birket Foster, Michel Lalonde & Chris Reinkeluers
- Storm Internet will be implementing two 200 ft towers in South Glengarry with 50/10 unlimited internet services. The towers will provide an “Air Fibre” licenced link between the two towners and cover up to 500 households. The towers will be placed in North LancasterMunicipal Garage and Creg Quay Marina.
- The investment is $800,000 (CENGEN can support the cost of up to $350,000).
Municipal Modernization Grant – Intake 3
- Administration continues to work towards modernization of the office. This third round will seek funds for the third-party review of the digitization services and digital transformation policy. It will also help increase internal and external communications.
- Council approved to receive the report and to direct Administration to submit an expression of interest for the grant.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Council approved the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Request to Increase Kennel Capacity
- Council approved Karl’s Place application to increase the dog kennel capacity from 15 to 25 dogs.
Surveying Township Owned Lands
- Council approved to re-allocate $30,000 in the 2021 budget to cover the costs of surveying applicable Township owned properties. This will help confirm and organize which parts of specific properties are Township owned, privately owned, or crown-owned.
Road Widening Dedications as Public Highways
- Council approved to accept certain lands as road allowance within the Township and dedicating the same to public use as public highways.
Removal of Holding Symbol – Zoning By-law Amendment
- Council approved to remove the holding symbol on property Part of Lot 2, Concession 1 Front, Part 5 on Reference Plan 14R1471 to permit the development of a single detached dwelling.
Fire Dispatch Agreement – Cornwall Police Service
- The Township of South Glengarry has procured Fire Dispatch from the Cornwall Police Service since 2017, with the five-year agreement ending December 31, 2021.
- The new five-year agreement will begin at $51,450 for 2022 and will increase by 2% each year until 2026.
- Council approved to enter into an agreement with the Cornwall Polic Services for Fire Dispatch services.
RFP 22-2021 Engineering and Construction Administration Services – Char-Lan Recreation Centre
- Council approved to award EVB Engineering $85,415 (plus HST) for the Ice Surface Floor Replacement and Dasher Boards at the Char-Lan Recreation Centre.
Review – Payment for Road Widenings
- Councillor Lang requested to amend the by-law so that the cost of the land returned to the Township from severance be at the expense of the Township and not the property owner.
- Administration will return to Council with an amended by-law at a future meeting.
Resolution – OHIP Eye Care (Township of North Glengarry)
- Council approved to support the Resolution from the Township of North Glengarry to request the provincial government to address OHIP insured eyecare immediately and enter into legally binding negotiations with Ontario Optometrists to fund eye care services through cost recovery.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Recreation Facilities Update – COVID-19 C
- Consent Application B-140-21
- Consent Application B-148-21
- Consent Application B-152-21
- 2021 Consent Summary
- Resolution – Structure Inventory and Inspections (Township of Scugog)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, October 18, 2021.