Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-11-01_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03Y2CdY7uRA
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from E=TGM2, approved to enter into an agreement for a LIDAR mapping project, and approved a waste management and recycling pick-up program with Environmental 360 Solutions.
Presentation – Waste to Energy Solutions – Greg Harasym
- E=TGM2 provides economic processes for solid, liquid and garbage wastes (including garbage and power). They design, manufacture, install, commission and maintain their supply.
- Their solutions to the issues presented by landfill sites include profit-making methods and elimination of 90-95% of original waste through pyrolysis (decomposing waste inside oxygen, high temperature/pressure environment).
- The biowaste can be used as a soil additive, for feedstock and feed additive, and as a source in carbon nanotube processing.
- Please see the Agenda for the presentation slides and more information.
RFQ 27-2021 – Tree Removal Services
- In Spring 2021, approximately 200 trees were affected by Emerald Ash Borer and Dutch Elm Disease at the Glen Walter Regional Park and were marked for removal.
- Council approved to award C&D Landscaping $23,400 (plus HST) for the tree removal.
Update on Township-Owned Lands
- Council approved to update the list of the surplus land and prepare an amendment to the Sale and Purchase of Property By-law to approve the updated listing.
Utility Installation – Glen Walter Park Road
- Council approved to reallocate $90,213.21 to pay Grant Marion Construction Ltd $89,257.19 and Corn-Creek Holdings Inc $956.02 for utilities to be installed on four properties on Glen Walter Park Road.
RFQ 26-2021 – Supply of Stone Dust
- Council approved to award D-Squared Construction for the supply of stone dust for $47,500 plus HST.
Agreement with the RRCA for Lidar Acquisition
- The Raisin Region Conservation Authority requested Council to participate in a LIDAR Acquisition Floodplain mapping project to produce airborne topographical imaging for land use planning and asset management.
- Council approved to enter into an agreement with Lidar Acquisition Agreement with the Raisin Region Conservation Authority.
RFP 15-2021 – Waste Management and Recycling Collection Services
- Council was presented with four options for waste management and recycling collection services for consideration. Administration recommended an option that includes weekly garbage collection, double-stream or single-stream weekly recycling, yard waste collection, and large item pickup.
- Administration will bring a report to Council at a future meeting to discuss the option of adding Organic Waste pickup.
- Council approved to award the waste management and recycling collection services contract to Environmental 360 Solutions for the annual cost of $1,091,000.
Reallocation of Bridge Capital to Engineering
- A bridge inspection report was completed in 2020, which identified 15 structures requiring rehabilitation, seven structures requiring replacement, and eight structures requiring further study.
- Council approved to reallocate $99,000 from Bridge Captial Funds to Engineering costs for the detailed design assignments for five structures.
Site Plan Control Agreement – Eastern Welding
- Council approved the Site Plan Control Agreement at 6857 Richmond Road with Eastern Welding for the construction of a large shed located behind their existing structures.
Site Plan Control Agreement – 20653 Old Highway 2
- Council approved the Site Plan Control Agreement with 20653 Old Highway 2 for a multi-phased industrial development.
Community Schools Alliance Membership
- Council decided to continue to be a member of the Community Schools Alliance and to pay the 2021-2022 membership invoice of $847.50.
Voting Methods – 2022 Municipal Election
- Council approved Option 1, which will allow for votes to be placed via the internet, telephone, and in-person at the voter help centre.
- Administration will present a by-law to Council at the next regular meeting to adopt this option.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Consent Application B-156-21
- Consent Application B-157-21
- Consent Application B-158-21
- Consent Summary 2021
- Invitation – Martintown Remembrance Day Ceremony
- Notice – Enbridge Natural Gas
- Call for Nominations – Good Roads 89 h. Resolution – Long Term Care (Municipality of Leamington)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, November 15, 2021.