Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-05-17_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG-GQvuUJ2k
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from Cascara Energy, decided to defer the Agreement with Rimann Farm for a Peanut Line Crossing, and approved to direct Administration to investigate the frequent Hydro outages.
Presentation – Cascara Energy, CIAO, Robert Croghan
- CIAO can offer high-speed Fibre Internet solutions to rural areas offering up to 10Gbps Download speed and 10Gbps Upload speed for $199.95/month. They also offer less expensive plans as well.
- They propose to deploy Fibre to the home along the Natural Gas line network between Lancaster and Bainsville.
- Today, CIAO requested a letter of support from the Township to proceed.
Request to purchase Unopened Road Allowance
- Council approved to declare the unopened road allowance located between PINs 671240112 and 671240092, to the east of 19596 Lapierre Road, as surplus and thus be available for sale.
- A report will be brought to Council in the future to confirm the sale of the road.
Temporary Use Zoning Amendment – Liftomatic Lifts Inc.
- Council approved for permitting placement of a cabin that is 96 square feet as temporary use at Part of Lot 2 North Service Road in Lancaster. The original request included a chicken coupe; however, Administration denied allowing it to be built as it does not comply with the Zoning By-Law.
Cameron Site Plan Control Agreement
- Council approved the Site Plan Control Agreement for Part of Lot 10 Broken Front, Indian Lands, in Charlottenburgh.
- The next step will be for the developer to apply for permits through the Township.
Agreement – Rimann Farm Peanut Line Crossing
- Council decided to defer the Agreement with Otto and Rita Timann to allow 20212 Cedar Grove Road in Charlottenburgh.
- The Agreement will allow a safe crossing across the Peanut Line in order to access the dairy farm.
- Council was not in Agreement with implementing a 4-way stop sign at this location and, therefore, decided to defer it so that the Agreement could be made more specific.
- South Glengarry suffers from frequent power outages and brownouts.
- Council approved to direct Administration to further investigate this issue and send a letter to Hydro-One concerning the issue.
School Board Consultation
- The Upper Canada District School Board and Catholic District School Board announced that they would be implementing various scheduled school start times. They claimed to have completed a public consultation; however, it is not evident that this was completed.
- Council approved to request a pause in this plan until a public consultation can be conducted.
Resolution – Outdoor Recreational Activity Restrictions (City of Brantford)
- Council approved to support this resolution to request the reopening of outdoor recreation activities, including golf.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Department Update – Corporate Services – April 2021
- Department Update – Finance Services – April 2021
- Department Update – Planning, Building & Enforcement – April 2021
- Department Update – Infrastructure Services – April 2021
- Department Update – Recreation & Facilities – April 2021
- Glen Walter Park – Tree Management Plan
- Pitch-In Canada Participation Results
- Taxation Review
- Notice of Consent Decision B-44-21
- Consent Application B-51-21
- Consent Application B-47-21
- Consent Summary 2021
- Letter – Resolution Request (MP Duncan)
- Letter – Senior of the Year Award (Ministry of Seniors and Accessibility)
- Resolution – Bus Stops on Dead End Roads (Township of Scugog)
- Resolution – Provincial Hospital Funding of Major Capital Equipment (Town of Perth)
- Resolution – Updating Source Water Protection Legislation (Town of Fort Erie)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, June 07, 2021.