Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-05-03_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQVfsRhTDy0
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation on Short-term Rentals, received a presentation on the Regional Waste Management plan, and approved the Community Improvement Plan changes.
Presentation – Short-term Rentals – Stephanie St. Denis Kasper
- Stephanie St. Denis Kasper is requesting that Council implement regulations on short-term rentals to control the issues with renters regarding large gatherings, noise, campfire smoke and traffic.
- Regulations for short-term rentals exist in Ottawa and Toronto and could be replicated for South Glengarry.
- Administration will be consulted, and a possible solution will be brought to Council at a future meeting.
Presentation – Regional Waste Management – Derik Ali
- The study involves four phases: background data collection, cost analysis, collaboration opportunities, and implementation strategy.
- The study will review the costs associated with maintaining the landfills from 2021-2044 and offer some opportunities to solve the issues.
- Some solutions to the waste management issues include public education and communications and a collective approach to working with Cornwall or other municipalities.
Appoint Deputy Clerk
- Council approved to approve a By-law to allow the appointment of Crystal Lebrun as Deputy Clerk.
SDG Library Request – Martintown Little Free Library
- Council approved to implement the Little Free Library at the Martintown Community Centre in partnership with the SDG Library. A location is yet to be determined.
Housekeeping – Transfer of Airport Lands
- Council approved to transfer the PIN 67131-0412 to the Cornwall Regional Airport Commission Inc.
Resolution – Street Light Charges
- Council approved to adjust the annual charge for streetlight users on Hydro Electric to $47.42. This will result in significant savings for the users, and the Township as costs for maintenance and usage are lower.
- Council approved to issue a tender for a Tandem Truck, and a Single Axle Truck as the current vehicles in the fleet have reached their end of service. The expected cost to purchase these two vehicles is $550,000 combined.
Bruining Zoning By-law Amendment
- Council approved to amend a zoning by-law from Residential Two to Residential Three-Exception Five to allow the development of a 6-unit Townhouse on Part of Lots 2 & 3 in Lancaster (South Terrace Street).
Sheep’s Head Bistro Temporary Patio Agreement
- Council approved a Development Agreement with Sheep’s Head Bistro to allow for a temporary Patio.
Blue Anchor Site Plan Control Agreement
- Council approved a Site Plan Control Agreement with Blue Anchor to extend their outdoor patio and mark a section of the parking lot as “No Parking” to improve safety, sightlines and restrict access.
Community Improvement Plan Amendment
- Council approved to adopt a Community Improvement Plan including the United Counties of SDG Regional Incentives Program.
- Some of the changes include revisions to which companies/organizations can apply, restrictions to how often a successful applicant can apply again, and building fees
2021 Roads Project Update
- A report will be brought to Council at a future meeting to discuss the costs and timelines of the proposed projects.
Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing
- The Ministry is requesting one member of the Council to attend a town hall session to discuss the Council’s Code of Conduct.
- Deputy Mayor Lyle Waden will attend to represent the Township of South Glengarry.
Proclamation – Emergency Preparedness Week
- Council approved to declare May 2-8, 2021 as Emergency Preparedness Week.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Wharf Concert Series
- Proclamation – Day of Action Against Anti-Asian Racism
- Resolution – Clean Fuel Standard (Township of Springwater)
- Resolution – Lottery Licensing for Small Organizations (Town of South Bruce Peninsula)
- Resolution – Paid Sick Leave (City of Cambridge)
- Resolution – Road Management On Invasive Phragmites (Township of Archipelago)
- Resolution – Vaccines for Eastern Ontario (Township of South Stormont)
- Support Resolution – Vaccine Rollout (Municipality of Killarney)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, May 17, 2021.