Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-06-21_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7-sHbitEMQ
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from MP Eric Duncan and approved By-law to allow for the continued development of Place St. Laurent Subdivision and Purcell Subdivision.
MP Initiatives & Federal Issues Update – MP Eric Duncan
- MP Eric Duncan gave an update to Council on the issues he is currently engaged with in Parliament on behalf of the Township. This includes Cell and Internet Services, VIA Rail, 9-8-8 National Suicide Line, Affordable Housing, and Infrastructure.
Place St. Laurent Phase 5 – Removal of Holding Zone
- Council approved to removal holding on Zone on Place St. Laurent Subdivision Phase 5 to permit development.
Place St. Laurent Phase 5 – Approval of Subdivision and Agreement
- Council approved to give final approval to the subdivision process to allow for an agreement to be made.
Purcell Subdivision Draft Plan Approval Extension Request
- Council approved to recommend extending draft plan approval for three years for the Purcell Subdivision.
Delegated Authority for Tax Extensions
- Council approved to delegate authority to the Treasurer to grant tax extensions.
CIAO Internet and Cascara Energy Proposed Agreement
- Council approved to endorse in principle the Municipal Access Agreement and Model Franchise Agreement prosed by Cascara Energy/CIAO Internet and that Council direct Administration to prepare these agreements.
- This project will provide high-speed internet (fibre) to the municipality using existing gas line systems.
Signing Authority – Deputy Mayor Warden
- Council approved to authorize Deputy Mayor Warden for the signing of cheques on behalf of the Township.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Public Works Facility – Heating System Evaluation
- Ontario Land Tribunal (OLT)
- Departmental Update – Corporate Services (May 2021)
- Departmental Update – Planning, Building & Enforcement (May 2021)
- Departmental Update – Infrastructure Services (May 2021)
- Departmental Update – Recreation & Facilities (May 2021)
- Departmental Update – Fire Services (May 2021)
- Consent Applications B-62-21 and B-63-21
- Consent Applications B-64-21 and B-65-21
- Consent Summary 2021
- Notice of Consent Decisions
- Letter – Community Schools Alliance
- Letter – Rail Safety Week
- Resolution – Cemetery Funding (Rideau Lakes)
- Resolution – Elimination of LPAT (Town of Halton Hills)
- Resolution – Lyme Disease Awareness Month (St. Catharines)
- Departmental Update – Finance Services (May 2021)
- Letter – Bell Time Changes (WPS and Char-Lan Parent Councils)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, July 05, 2021.