Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-07-19_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjCQAYikkMw
The Township of South Glengarry Council approved a donation towards the Williamstown Fair, received a presentation from EVB on a Road Maintenance Plan, and approved a Public Art Display Policy.
Presentation – Williamstown Fair Board – Chelsea Hope
- Williamstown Fair will continue with the plan to hold the fair via drive-through unless restrictions around COVID-19 can be removed to allow for an in-person fair.
- The Williamstown Fair Board is requesting $10,000 from the Township for the fair. $6,000 would go towards new signage, cleaning supplies, and lighting. $4,000 would go towards movie nights.
Midway Fire Pond – Marco Vincelli (EVB)
- The Midway Fire Water Systems (Pond and Fire Pump) are used to suppress fires and require upgrades. The current unit is dated from 1969, with the most recent updates made in 1979.
- Several of the components at the site received a rating of either poor condition or fair condition from EVB. The cost to maintain the site as-is is $52,000 yearly.
- Administration will come to Council at the next regular Council meeting with recommendations on how to move forward.
Road Maintenance Plan – Marco Vincelli (EVB)
- The Township has hired EVB to develop a Road Maintenance Plan for the next ten years.
- A Roads Needs Study was completed in 2020, which evaluated the current status and condition of the roads. This study recommended an annual budget of $6,751,000.
- Some Roads that were identified as needing repairs include 2nd Line Road, 3rd Line Road, Glen Road, Cedar Grove Road, and Fallowfield Road.
- Recommendations will be brought to Council at a future meeting.
Mader Zoning By-law Amendment
- Council approved to rezone Concession 3, SRR, from Agriculture and Natural Hazard to Agriculture- Exceptopm Twenty-Nine to prohibit residential construction.
Naderpour Temporary Use Zone By-law
- Council approved to amend By-law 38-09 to permit the placement of a shipping container as a temporary use on Concession 1, South Service Road in Lancaster.
Site Plan Control Agreement – William Legge and Elizabeth McIntosh Legge
- Council approved Site Plan Control Agreement for 6249 165th Avenue to permit the construction of a single-detached home.
Site Plan Control Agreement – Cholette
- Council approved Site Plan Control Agreement for 20278 County Road 2 for waterfront development.
Water and Wastewater Allocations Glen Walter
- Council approved to acknowledge that no further water and wastewater allocations can be granted in 2021 in Glen Walter.
Public Art Display
- Council approved to adopt a Public Art Display Policy for the Township.
- Members of the public who are interested in submitting their art to be included in the display can do so via online form on the Township’s website.
Wastewater Management Service Delivery – Feeback
- At this time, Administration is gathering information from Council in order to prepare an RFP in September.
- Administration is looking for Council feedback on bag limits, “pay as you throw” limits, weekly vs bi-weekly Recycling Collections, and any other issues. There will be a Special Meeting of Council to discuss further.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Departmental Update – Corporate Services (June 2021)
- Departmental Update – Finance Services (June 2021)
- Departmental Update – Infrastructure Services (June 2021)
- Departmental Update – Planning, Building & Enforcement (June 2021)
- Departmental Update – Fire Services (June 2021)
- Departmental Update – Recreation & Facilities (June 2021)
- Information Report – 2021 Building Permit Activity
- Consent Application B-84-21
- 2021 Consent Summary
- Letter – Drive-Thru Williamstown Fair
- Resolution – Building Materials (City of Kitchener)
- Resolution – Bill C 313 (City of Kitchener)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, August 03, 2021.