Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-southglengarry.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=563
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovbrdShWTjw
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a declaration of the office of the Mayor and Deputy Mayor, approved the 2022 Budget, approved a Water Rate By-Law, did not approve parkland in Summerstown Estates Subdivision, and determined a Councillor Vacancy Appointment Process.
Declaration of Office
- Mayor Lyle Warden read the declaration of office as mayor of South Glengarry’s Township.
- Deputy Mayor Stephanie Jaworski read the declaration of office as Deputy Mayor of the Township of South Glengarry.
Charlan Recreation Centre Structural Analysis – EVB Engineering
- EVB conducted a structural analysis of the Charlan Recreation Centre to determine if its roof could support the weight of the solar panels.
- It was recommended that parts of the building require reconstruction to allow for reinforcement to support the weight and demand of solar panels. There are some grant opportunities available to help support the project’s costs.
- The Main Rink Area frames have an overstress of 20%, and the Workshop Area had an overstress of up o 20%. Due to this analysis, EVB Engineering does not recommend installing solar panels on the roof in its current state.
- Council approved to receive the report and file it for information purposes.
2022 Budget Approval
- Council approved the budget as presented. To see the budget presentation, click here: https://pub-southglengarry.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=407
Water Rate By-Law
- Council approved to set bi-monthly water and sewer rates for the Glen Walter and Lancaster/South Lancaster Areas, annual rates s for the Kennedy Redwood Estates and Green Valley Areas, and to consolidate imposed fees in the Township of South Glengarry.
- Budget Reallocation – Pickup Trucks
- Council approved the buy-out of the three leased pickup trucks for $78,000 plus HST from Roy’s Chevrolet Buick GMC Inc. from the 2021 Budget.
Lakeside Green Environmental Contract Renewal and Appointment of Inspector
- Council approved to renew the contract with Lakeside Green Environmental and appoint Michael Madden as an Inspector and By-law Enforcement Officer for the Township of South Glengarry for four years.
Constitute and Appoint a Committee of Adjustment
- Council approved to constitute and appoint all members of Council to the Committee of Adjustment for the Township of South Glengarry for the year 2022.
To Consider Declaring Township Owned Land as a Surplus for the Purposes of Selling the Land
- Council approved to declare approximately 270 square metres of Township owned property as surplus, which is legally described as Part of Block C, Registered Plan 26, located west of 1 Victoria Street and north of the Lancaster water tower to allow for a home to add an edition.
To Consider Developing the Parkland in Summerstown Estates Subdivision
- Council approved to not accept the land for parkland purposes as per the subdivision approval, request cash in lieu of parkland from the developer and permit the developer to create lots in the Summerstown Estates Subdivision.
Seasonal Sidewalk Closure – Warren Street
- Council approved to close the Section of Sidewalk on the east side of Warren Street in the hamlet of Williamstown for the winter season (November 01 – April 01).
Councillor Vacancy Appointment Process
- The previous resignation from Frank Prevost created a vacancy on Council.
- Interested applicants for the open position are invited to submit a letter of interest to the Clerk by January 07, 2022. After a Special meeting to consider the applications, Council is set to adopt their new Councillor by January 17, 2022, with their first meeting being February 07, 2022.
Update – Airport Road Facility (S. McDonald)
- Councillor Lang expressed frustration over the progress of the Airport Road facility regarding the additional costs and delays in completion.
Memo – 2021 Forestry Programs Update (South Nation Conservation)
- RRCA is already conducting several of the activities in the memo.
Council approved the following under For Information Only:
- Departmental Update – Corporate Services (November 2021)
- Departmental Update – Planning, Building and Enforcement (November 2021)
- Departmental Update – Infrastructure Services (November 2021)
- Departmental Update – Fire Services (November 2021)
- Departmental Update – Parks, Recreation and Culture (November 2021)
- Consent Applications B-179-21 and B-180-21
- Notice of Consent Decision- B-176-21
- Consent Summary 2021- December
- Resolution – Concerning Rates of Recidivism (Town of Penetanguishene)
- Resolution – Funeral Burial and Cremation Services Act (County of Prince Edward)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, January 17, 2022.