Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.southglengarry.com/en/municipal-services/resources/Documents/2021-Agendas/2021-12-06_Meeting-Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3yzbIBBwMc
The Township of South Glengarry Council received a presentation from SDG Counties, approved a Glen Walter Play Structure, and approved an Emergency Management By-Law.
SDG Historic Tour – Todd Lihou
- The SDG Counties are engaging in a County Wide Histroci tour through the use of plaques placed throughout the townships of SDG.
- The ask from the Township is for support of the program, suggestions for content, and suggestions for locations for plaque installation.
RFP 23-2021 – Glen Walter Play Structure
- Council approved to award Playground Planners for installing a Glen Walter Regional Park Play Structures for $179,930.90 (plus HST).
Fowler Zoning Amendment & Addition of a Definition
- The meditation centre has requested to construct a small structure. No comments were received from the public.
- Council approved to amend By-Law 38-09 to allow the rezoning of PIN #671170230 from Rural and Provincially Significant Wetland to Rural – Exception Sixteen and Provincially Significant Wetland to permit a meditation centre and to adopt a definition of meditation to the bylaw.
Emergency Management By-law
- The amendments will include minor changes to ensure the By-law is updated per the current regulations.
- Council approved to adopt an Emergency Management Program.
Council approved the following under Information Purposes Only:
- Consent Application B-161-21
- Notices of Consent Decisions
- 2021 Consent Summary
- Resolution – Conversion Therapy (City of Kitchener)
- Resolution – Fire Safety Measures (City of Kitchener)
- Resolution – Liquor Licence Sales and Patio Extensions (City of Kitchener)
- Resolution – National Childcare Program (St. Catharines)
- Resolution – Property Assessments (Mattice-Val Cote)
- Resolution – COVID-19 Testing Requirement (Town of LaSalle)
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting of Council will be Monday, December 20, 2021.