Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://sdgcounties.ca/sites/default/files/council_docs/2021-02-16_Meeting%20Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqOhPVrpzqw
SDG Counties Council received a presentation from the OPP, authorized an expenditure of $20,000 for the Library in Lancaster, and approved over $350,000 for pavement markings.
SDG OPP Acting Detachment Commander Simon Hardy – 221 OPP Budget
- Commander Simon Hardy presented the new program called the Mobile Crisis Response Team, which was implemented to improve how the OPP of SDG deals with Mental Health Crisis calls. This program pairs an OPP officer with a health care professional to appropriately respond to mental health crisis calls.
- This program has reduced involuntary apprehensions by 42.5%, diversions are up 45.3% and wait times in hospitals are down almost 30 minutes per call.
Appointment to Library Board
- Council approved to appoint Alexander MacIsaac as a member of the SDG Library Board for the remainder of the term of Council.
2020 Reserve Transactions
- Council approved to approve the 2020 reserve transactions as suggested.
Setback for Wheelchair Ramp at 10598 County Rd. 3, South Mountain
- Council approved a setback of up to 0m from the property line at this property to facilitate the construction of a wheelchair ramp, and that any fees associated with the approval be waived.
Lancaster Branch Library – Funding for Architectural Study Update
- Council approved to authorize an expenditure of $20,000 from the “Safe Restart” funding reserve for an updated Architectural Evaluation and Feasibility Study to address the current needs of the Library at its Lancaster Branch location.
- Council approved to accept the joint tender from Provincial Road Markings Inc. For centreline pavement marking for a total of $367,752.00 (plus HST).
Specialty Paint Markings
- Council approved to accept the joint tender from Crossroads Pavement Markings Inc. For specialty paint markings, at their unit prices totaling $57,331.45 (plus HST).
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- No.5281, being a by-law to establish an encroachment Agreement, SDG-1 and Hulbert Road
Council approved the following items under the consent agenda:
- Monthly Activity Summaries
- SDG Library Branch Reports
- EOWC & EORN Letter to ministers re: ROMA 2021 Conference Meeting Follow-Up – EORN Gig Project
- Support for SDG Resolutions re: Small Businesses from various counties
- Municipality of Grey Highlands Resolution – Municipal Insurance
- Township of Asphodel-Norwood Resolution – Community Safety & Well-Being Plan
Council Received the following under the Key Information Reports
- CAO – 2021 ROMA Conference
- CAO – Educational Consultant RFP
- Library – Self-Checkout at the SDG Library
Council approved to send the resolution for the Proposed Regulation under the Ontario Heritage Act (Bill 108) to the local MPP, the Premier of Ontario and other municipalities in SDG.
Council approved to appoint Jamie MacDonald and Bryan McGillis to sit on the Board of Directors for the Eastern Ontario Regional Network.
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Monday, March 15, 2021.