Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-sdgcounties.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=332
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOfX6Xz9bY
SDG Counties Council approved a road network review, approved a new job position for Construction Supervisor of Bridges, and approved an MOU with South Nation Conservation for the management of County forests.
Public Meeting — Official Plan Amendment No. 8 – Housekeeping
- The new official plan did not mention protecting priority bedrock. The amendment will include it in the official plan.
- There were no comments received from the public.
Occupational Accident Insurance Renewal
- Council accepted the proposal from Chubb Insurance Company of Canada for the January 1, 2022 Occupational Accident Insurance Policy renewals at a premium of $6,487 plus tax; and the Excess Workers’ Compensation Indemnity Policy at a premium of $39,481 plus tax.
Approval of County Forest 5-Year Operating Plan (2022-2026)
- Council approved supporting and adopting the County Forest Five-Year Operating Plan (2022-2026).
- The plan reports on the forest operations and lays out the operations for the 5-year plan.
- Click here to read the plan: https://pub-sdgcounties.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=302
Finch Roxborough Boundary Road
- Council approved to direct staff to complete a review of the Finch Roxborough Boundary Road and recommend whether this road should be considered for inclusion into the County Road system.
- There is enough traffic on this road to be considered a regional road owned by and maintained by SDG rather than a local road. North Stormont Township brought this motion forward to County Council.
- Council also approved conducting a full review of the county roads throughout SDG to see if any roads in the network could be transferred from the local County to SDG. A scheduled timeline will be brought to Council at the January meeting.
Construction Supervisor – Bridges, Job Description and Recruitment Process
- Council approved a job description and salary for “Construction Supervisor – Bridges” and a revised job description from “Field Technician” to “Construction Supervisor – Roads.”
Council approved the following By-laws:
- MOU – Management of County Forests renewal with South Nation Conservation to 2026. Click here to read the agreement: https://pub-sdgcounties.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=308
- Sign Encroachment Agreement – McIntosh Inn
- Formalize access to County Road 2 (McIntosh Inn)
- Encroachment Agreement for O’Farrell Financial Sign, 510 St. Lawrence Street Winchester
- Official Plan Amendment No. 8 – Mineral Aggregate Resource Housekeeping Amendment
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Monthly Activity Summaries
- Monthly Financial Summary
- SDG Library Branch Reports
- South Nation Conservation – 2021 Forestry Programs Update
- Prince Edward County Letter
- OMERS Employer Bulletin
- Thank You Letter – The Lapointe Family
2022 Council Meeting Dates
- The dates are set for the 2022 regular meetings of Council. Click here to see the dates: https://pub-sdgcounties.escribemeetings.com/filestream.ashx?DocumentId=318
Municipal Modernization Funding Application – One Window Permitting
- The County has submitted an application to the Municipal Modernization Fund for a “One Window Public Works Permit System” to provide municipalities with an integrated digital platform. This will help manage the multitude of permits our respective organizations deal with daily and allow clients to interact with municipalities through one digital application process, rather than dealing with various governments.
Acquisition of New Forest
- The Counties acquired approximately 119 acres of forest, which fronts on Cedarvale Road. This acquisition was made possible through a combined purchase/donation from Alfred Marsh Farms Ltd.
Prince Edward County Resolution for cemeteries
- Council approved to support the Prince Edward County resolution to call for provincial legislation and regulation to possess and maintain abandoned cemeteries.
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Monday, January 24, 2022.