Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://www.sdgcounties.ca/sites/default/files/2021-08/2021-08-23_Meeting%20Package.pdf
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=357y7RuliB0
SDG Counties Council approved to create an Administrative Assistant position for Court Services, approved to hire a Community Planner, and approved a VoIP agreement with Rogers Communications.
Administrative Assistant Court Services Division
- Council was hesitant to approve the position due to a lack of foot traffic to the building. This hire would fill a vacancy in the Court Services Division and add a position for the reception.
- Council approved to hire a full-time Administrative Assistant Court Services Division.
Community Planner Job Description and Recruitment Process
- Council raised concern over the continual workload that would allow this new position to be viable long term. Council also raised concern over how the position would be funded by North Stormont and South Dundas, as the position would provide planning services for those counties.
- Council approved the job description and hire a Community Planner, with the amendment that the position would be on a one-year probation period.
ICIP Funding – Warden’s House
- Council approved a bylaw to authorize a payment agreement to receive funds to complete the Warden’s House repairs.
South Glengarry and Rogers VoIP Agreements
- Council approved a bylaw to authorize a Voice over IP agreement with Rogers Communications.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Monthly Activity Summaries
- Monthly Financial Summary
- Perth County Resolution – MPAC
- Northumberland County Resolution – Bill 177, Stronger, fairer Ontation Act
- City of Woodstock Resolution – Affordable Housing in Canada
Council approved the following under Key Information
- FINANCIAL SERVICES – 2022 Budget Meeting Dates: Dec 08 & 09 2021.
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – Entrances in St. Andrews West Construction
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – Road Tour to be scheduled in October
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – Updated Flag Policy
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – Warden’s House Renovations – Update
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – McPhee Bridge Progress Report
- TRANSPORTATION SERVICES – County Plow Fleet
Council moved into a closed session.
The next regular meeting will be Monday, September 20, 2021.