Notes published by Grand Chief Abram Benedict.
- The Director of Education provided Council with an overview of the funding agreement with Indigenous Services Canada and an update on the proposed funding agreement with the Akwesasne Freedom School (AFS). Council agreed the current proposed agreement will remain as the proposal to AFS.
- A briefing was provided by the Program Manager for MCA’s Community Support Program on the ongoing update and revisions to the program policies.
- Council agreed that the planning for the 2021 Holiday Dinners will begin, a Chiefs committee will examine options for the venue and distribution.
- Mohawk Government Manager provided Council with an overview of the shared calendar and the importance of ensure meetings are on the calendar.
- Council discussed possible new communication strategies to communicate the importance of vaccination.
- A request for in person district meeting was presented and will be reconsidered in two weeks.
- MCR’s passed: Approval of issuance of retail cannabis license; Acceptance of Salary and Honoraria Schedule for Directors; Acceptance of Salary and Honoraria Schedule for Chiefs; Approval of COVID-19 policy; Approval of MOU with Ontario Native Literacy Coalition; Approval of contract with a2z for structural readiness implementation; Approval of permit with Community Member and Bell Canada; Approval of medical director service agreement for Akwesasne Mohawk Ambulance; Approval of Funding agreement with Parks Canada; Approval of ( upgrade loan(s) to community member;