Notes published by Grand Chief Abram Benedict.
• Council discussed the current decision to have district meetings online and determined that for the time being, they will continue to be held virtually.
• A briefing was provided on a proposal to allocate resources to support community-based healing; additional research will be done for Council’s consideration.
• Council discussed the proposed update to the MCA traffic study and requested that the Department of Infrastructure, Housing, and Environment provide Council with an overview of the existing study and the proposed update.
• The concept of a community census was discussed, and Council created a Chiefs committee to examine the possibility of conducting a community census.
• MCA Executive Director provided Council with an update on the Kana:takon shoreline cleanup.
• MCR’s passed: Approval of contract with Jp2G for consultant services, Approval of 5-year building lease with G & L Service, Approval of application to Ontario Trillium Community Building Fund; Appointment of Council member to Akwesasne Harbour Development Corporation, Approval of Council Member to Akweks:kowa Corporation.