Notes published by Grand Chief Abram Benedict.
• Representatives from a2z Consulting Services provided Council with an overview and proposal of the MCA 2021 – 2024 strategic plan for Council’s consideration.
• A briefing was provided on MCA job posting terminology whereby “permanent” has been removed and replaced with “indefinite hire”.
• Council was briefed on a concern with dead trees around Hydro Quebec powerlines, MCA Quebec Liaison will follow up with hydro on mitigation options.
• A request was discussed on the need to identify an individual(s) to assist with tobacco burning and Ohenten Kariwatekewen Thanksgiving Address for MCA functions.
• Council agreed that the weekly Council Meeting will not take place next Monday due to the holiday.
• MCR’s passed: Approval of contribution agreement with First Nations Confederacy of Cultural Education Centers to support environment program; Approval of contribution agreement with Ministry of Children and Youth for Healing and Wellness Strategy; Approval of funding from Enabling Accessibility Fund for improvements to CIA; Approval of Council 2021-2024 committee listings.