Notes published by Grand Chief Abram Benedict.
• The Program Manager for MCA Environment and representatives from Food Cycler presented to Council a proposed pilot project whereby members of Akwesasne will use the Food Cycler to help reduce waste.
• Council discussed the need to examine the placement of guardrails in various locations in Akwesasne. Administration will follow up on existing considerations/studies and report back.
• A briefing was provided on concerns regarding flooding in various parts of Tsi Snaihne; administration will follow up with the department on the status of issuance of RFP for a water level/flood assessment.
• Council agreed that no Council meeting will take place next week in light of the civic holiday.
• A briefing was provided on the status of portfolios and the upcoming selection session.
• MCR’s passed: Assignment of lease – Thompson Island, Assignment of lease – Hamilton Island, Approval of new lease – Ross Island, Approval of Fish Identification Nearshore Survey participation, Approval of funding application for Caring About Our Waste Initiative, Approval of signing officers for MCA BMO Canadian account.