Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5599
City Council received a presentation from St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental Sciences, decided not to approve a Crosswalk for Riverdale Terrace Retirement Centre, and approved a COVID-19 Vaccine Policy for city employees.
St. Lawrence River Institute of Environmental Sciences Annual Update
- Due to technical issues with the new video streaming service, this presentation is not available for playback. Please visit the Agenda to see the slides from the presentation.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Marguerite D’Youville Subdivision – PAC Report No. 1 – Application for a Draft Plan of Subdivision
- Craft Shack’s Rock the River Fall Edition
- Proclamation – Fire Prevention Week
- Proclamation – Mental Illness Awareness Week
- Proclamation – Community Health and Wellbeing Week
- Proclamation – Energy Efficiency Day
- Proclamation – International Trigeminal Neuralgia Day
Draft Plan approval for Marguerite D’Youville Subdivision
- Council approved the DRAFT plan for the Marguerite D’Youville Subdivision to provide 24 single detached lots to be developed as Phase 1. The plan includes parkland and future residential development.
Second Street West at Riverdale Terrace Waterfront Retirement Centre – Crosswalk Petition
- Council was split on the decision, and therefore, the decision was made not to proceed with implementing any form of pedestrian crosswalk at this location.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
- Council approved the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law 2021-107 to amend By-laws 2019-051 and 2019-102 and to appoint lay members of the community to various Boards, Commissions and Committees (Heritage-Patrimoine and Cornwall Public Library Board
- By-law 2021-108 Vacant Land Designation – Social Housing
- By-law 2021-109 to Appoint Leighton Woods Deputy Fire Chief
- By-law 2021-110 to Appoint Leighton Woods Alternate Community Emergency Management Coordinator
- By-Law 2021-111 to Amend Traffic and Parking By-Law 069-1989, Schedule IV and V, 2021-77
- By-Law 2021-112 to Amend Parking Permit and Fee Schedule
- By-Law 2021-113 to Amend Parking Permit and Fee Schedule
The next regular meeting will be held on Tuesday, October 12, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for September 27, 2021:
|Petition for Crosswalk on Second Street West Riverdale Terrace- February 24, 2020- January 22, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Work||September 27, 2021|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||September 27, 2021|
|Petition for Removal of Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street – August 09, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||September 27, 2021|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||October 2021|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||November 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 10, 2020||Working Group||TBD|
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – October 26, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10m 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|