Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5677
City Council received a presentation of a Moccasin Vamp Art Display and defeated the motion to request the removal of testing requirements of Canadians for the US Land Border.
Presentation – Moccasins Vamps Art Display
- Council was presented with a piece of artwork to commemorate the unmarked graves that were discovered at residential schools sites.
- Residents can view it this week at the Cornwall Public Library. The Native North American Travelling College will be the permanent home for the display.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Proclamation – Dress Purple Day on October 27th, 2021.
- Proclamation – CPPEG October 116 Pitt Street, 8 Second Street East, 71 and 26 Ninth Street West for a total of $72,350
- Tender 21-T31 Snow Clearing and Ice Control to H. Moise Jr. Trucking for a total of $9,898.80 per occurrence.
- RFP Terms of Reference for 21-P09 New Transit Fare System
- RFP Terms of Reference for 21-P14 Archaeological Management Plan
Resolution – Removal of Testing Requirements for Canadians for US Land Border
- Council did not approve the presented motion to request that the federal government remove the requirement for Canadian travellers to be tested for Covid-19 when using a land crossing into the United States after the November 8, 2021 reopening.
Council approved the following By-laws:
- By-law 2021-118 HOTC 116 Pitt Street and 8 Second Street East Program 2
- By-law 2021-119 Renaissance Housing Rehabilitation Program 149 St. Felix Street
- By-Law 2021-120 To Amend Sections of Traffic and Parking By-law – Parking Permit And Fee Schedule
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, November 08, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for October 25, 2021:
|Petition for Removal of Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street – August 09, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||November 2021|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||November 2021|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||November 2021|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||November 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 10, 2020||Working Group||TBD|
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – November 09, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Aultsville Theatre – September 13, 2021||CAO||TBD|