Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5822
City Council received a presentation from the Senior Friendly Community Committee and approved changes to the Municipal Grant Policy and Program Guidelines.
Presentation – Senior Friendly Community Committee Annual Update
- The Senior Friendly Community Committee launched a Seniors Wheels Program in the Summer of 2021 with over 200 senior passengers.
- They will continue the program with the purchase of two new Trishaws through requests to be included in next year’s City Budget and through applications for external funding.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Third Quarter Financial Results 2021
2021 Annual Report for the Municipal Grants Program
- Council approved the 2021 Annual Report for the Municipal Grants, approved the recommended changes to the Municipal Grants Policy, and changes to the Municipal Grants Program Guidelines.
Pedestrian Crosswalk on Second Street West
- Council did not approve to direct Administration to prepare a report on the option of installing a signalled crosswalk on Second Street West in the vicinity of Riverdale Terrance as the project is already included in the 2022 budget and can be approved at that time.
Notice of Motion – Brookdale Avenue Project Reporting
- Council did not approve to direct Administration to prepare a final report on the Brookdale Avenue North Sanitary Sewer Extension.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law 2021-126 Connecting Links Funding Application for an Environmental Assessment for Brookdale Avenue from Seventh Street to Fourteenth Street
- By-law 2021-127 To authorize a Memorandum of Understanding with the Riverside Snowmobile Club Inc
- By-law 2021-128 To Authorize the Division Manager of Building and By-law Division to enter into a Deputization Agreement
- By-law 2021-129 To Amend Agreement with Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, December 13, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for November 22, 2021:
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||December 13, 2021|
|Petition for Removal of Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street – August 09, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||December 13, 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Request for Climate Emergency Declaration – November 08, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021, November 08, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Aultsville Theatre – September 13, 2021||CAO||TBD|