Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5714
City Council received a presentation from the Environment and Climate Change Committee, voted for a Climate Emergency declaration, and decided to defer the Rental Landlord Licensing Registry.
Presentation — Environment and Climate Change Committee Update
- The Committee focuses on four areas: local climate awareness, green hour gas emissions, climate change adaptation plan, and review, research, and feedback.
- The Committee held the Tree Canopy Policy, Eco Day, holds regular meetings, and reviews policies.
- Future initiatives include declaring a climate emergency, cost analysis for GHG Emissions, and an inventory of Natural Capital Assets.
Delegation — Request for Climate Emergency Declaration
- The presentation outlined the recommended resolution for the City of Cornwall to declare a climate emergency and the next steps that outline how the City can put the recommendations for change into action.
- Council approved to accept the report and the climate emergency declaration and to bring a report back to Council with recommendations on how to proceed.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Elected Officials Expense Statements for the Period of July 1 to September 30, 2021
- RFP 21-P11 Radio Communication Consulting Services
- Tender 21-T22 Air Handling Unit Replacements at the Glen Stor Dun Lodge
- Tender 21-T23 New Emergency Generator at Glen Stor Dun Lodge
- Tender 21-T28 Pathway Lighting Improvements in Lamoureux Park
Remote Worker Attraction Strategy Update
- Council approved to receive the report.
Residential Rental Licensing Registry Update
- Council decided to defer the motions presented until a future meeting where Administration can present more information on the legislation and more public consultation.
MTO Connecting Links Funding Program – Intake 7
- Council approved to endorse a submission of an application to the 2022-23 MTO Connecting Links Program and that the project submitted for the funding program be a Municipal Class Environmental Assessment for Brookdale Avenue from Seventh Street West to Fourteenth Street West.
Council approved the following By-laws:
- By-law 2021-122 Medical Scholarship Loan Agreement with Karen Poirier
- By-law 2021-123 A By-Law to appoint Charles Bray as Chief Building Official
- By-law 2021-124 Amendment to the Traffic and Parking By-law 069-1989, Parking Restrictions – Time Limits
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, November 22, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for November 08, 2021:
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – November 9, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||Presentiation November 08 2021|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||November 08 2021|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 13, 2020||Working Group||November 08 2021|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||November 22 2021|
|Petition for Removal of Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street – August 09, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||November 22 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||TBD/td>|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Aultsville Theatre – September 13, 2021||CAO||TBD|