Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5172
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QwiPp6T2_0
City Council welcomed Glen Grant as the new Mayor of Cornwall, received the 2020 Audited Financial Statements, and approved to host a Town Hall meeting on August 12 to discuss the Electoral System Review.
Presentation – 2020 Financial Statements Presentations by Tracey Bailey
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had impacts on the 2020 Financial Statements. Some of the efforts the City provided include deferral of property tax and water and wastewater tax payments, the Small Business Emergency Support Loan Program, and Encroachment Agreements to extend patios. The complete impact of the pandemic continues to be unknown at this time.
- The Accumulated surplus for 2020 was $396,458,803. 37% of the City’s revenue comes from Taxation. Operating Reserves had a net increase of $767,000. City Reserves and Reserve Funds totalled $63.9M.
- Council approved the 2020 Audited Financial Statements.
The following items were approved under Consent:
- Proclamation – Cornwall’s Eco Day
- Optimist Club of Cornwall
Town Hall Meeting – Electoral System Review
- Council approved to direct Administration to move forward with a Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, August 12, 2021, at 7:00 pm to discuss the Electoral System Review.
Council approved the following Communication Reports
- 2020 Annual Report on the Status of City Reserves
- 2020 Annual Report on Development Charges Reserve Fund
- 2020 Annual Report on Municipal Debt Limits
- 2021 Audit
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law 2021-079 To lift one-foot reserves on Blocks 51, 53 and 54 on Registered Plan M-53
- By-law 2021-080 Transfer of an Easement over Parts 1 and 2 on Reference Plan 52R-8419 for an Existing Sanitary Sewer
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, August 09, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for July 12, 2021:
|Electoral System Review – Public Consultation – November 25, 2019 – January 13, 2020 – September 28, 2020||Town Hall||July 12, 2021|
|Parking During Pandemic and Parking Program Working Group Recommendations – May 11, 2020 – June 8, 2020 – September 13, 2020 – January 11, 2020 – January 25, 2021||Parking Program Working Group||July 2021|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||August 09, 2021|
|Petition for Crosswalk on Second Street West Riverdale Terrace- February 24, 2020- January 22, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Work||Summer 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 10, 2020||Working Group||TBD|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||TBD|
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – October 26, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10m 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|