Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=3912
Re-watch the meeting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45ryCckgO7A
City Council awarded RFPs for Play Structures at LeBlanc Park, Francis Guindon Park, and the Benson Centre, approved the Town Hall Policy and welcomes the new Strategic Planning Coordinator, Katie Wells.
Council approved the following items under consent:
- Child Care business Practice Guidelines for 2021
- Rezoning Northwoods Forest Subdivision Phase of Lots 1-12 and 21-23 from Residential 15 to Residential 10
- Elected Officials Expense Statements
- Tax Write-Offs
- RFP 20-P18 Supply and Installation of Play Structure and Engineered Wood Fibre at Aime LeBlanc Park, Francis Guindon Park (both awarded to Henderson Recreation Equipment for $135,371.74 including HST) and the Benson Centre (awarded to Playground Planners for $167,538.60 including HST)
- RFP Terms of Reference Operation and Preventative Maintenance Program for Methane Gas Collection System and Leachate Collection System
- Tender 20-T37 Aquatic Centre Ventilation System Upgrade awarded to Rose Mechanical for $576,920
- Tender 20-T38 Plumbing Services awarded to Oscar Ladouceur Mechanical for a two-year period with the option to renew for an additional year.
One-Year extension of deadline in O. Reg. 588/17 Asset Management Planning
- The extension will allow more time for the municipalities to work on the Asset Management Plan, as they have been focusing their recent efforts on the pandemic.
Town Hall Meeting Policy
- The final draft of the Policy has been presented to Council and they approved it.
Unfinished Business Listing
- Council approved the Unfinished Business Listing
Transfer Payments to City Partners
- Council approved to direct Administration to continue monthly transfer payments for operating costs to Cornwall Public Library, Eastern Ontario Health Unity, Raisin River Conservation Authority, and SDG Historical Society to allow them to continue operations until Council can discuss the budget.
2020 Carry Forwards of Operations
- Council approved the Carry Forwards of Operations into next year
2020 Carry Forwards of Capital
- Councilor Bergeron motioned for the ice leveler tool and the locomotive to be deferred to budget talks next month and not to carry over the money from reserves.
- Councilor Towndale requested clarification regarding the impact of the Minutes of Settlement from the Assessment Review Board on the overall tax collection for the City of Cornwall. The CFO confirmed that when properties are reassessed it could result in lower overall value of the building and effect the amount of property taxes collected by the City.
- The city will be overbudget in tax write offs at the end of the year due to these assessment changes where the value of buildings has lowered. Going forward these properties will collect fewer property taxes.
Cost Analysis for Cornwall’s Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Council approved to direct Administration to request a cost analysis report to determine Cornwall’s greenhouse gas emissions.
The next regular meeting will be held on January 11, 2021.