Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5980
City Council deferred the tender for construction of an Affordable Housing Complex at Ninth & McConnell and approved a Climate Emergency Declaration.
Council approved the following under Consent:
- Proclamation – Salvation Army Week the week of Dec 20-24, 2021
- Proclamation – Children’s Christmas Fund Week the week of December 12-18, 2021
- November PAC Danis and 102 Sydney/41 First Street East
- Children’s Services Business Practice Guidelines for 2022
- Tender 21-T36 Design and Installation of Utility Transformer for $184,124.61 be awarded to Spark Power.
- RFP Terms of Reference for Business Park Expansion
- Elected Officials Expense Statements for the Period of October 1 to November 30, 2021
- 2021 Carry Forwards – Capital, 2021-109
- 2021 Carry Forwards – Operations, 2021-108
Climate Emergency Declaration
- Council approved to adopt the Climate Emergency Declaration, including:
- adopting the GHG target be met by 2030;
- committed to the Partner for Climate Protection 5-step framework;
- development of a Community Climate Action Plan that can realistically achieve the City’s GHG emission reduction targets;
- research the concept of implementing a Climate Lens for all City projects and Council decisions;
- Creation of a report outlining the process to assess climate adaptation within the community y and to determine if joining the International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives (ICLEI) Building Adaptive & Resilient Communities (BARC) is beneficial.
Transfer Payments to City Partners
- Council approved to direct Administration to continue monthly transfer payments for operating costs to the identified City Partners listed.
Tender 21-T30 Construction of Affordable Housing Complex (9th & McConnell) for $18,866,610.08 be awarded to Robert J. Bourgon & Associates.
- Council approved to defer the motion until an in-camera discussion can be held to discuss details pertaining to the construction.
Tax Write-offs / Adjustments
- Council approved the tax write-off report and adjustments.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- 2021-131 to amend By-law 2019-009 and to appoint a Member of Council to the Glen Stor Dun Lodge Board of Directors
- 2021-132 Annual Renewal of Service Contracts for Child Care and Early Years Service Providers 2022
- 2021-133 to Authorize the Renewal of the Contract Agreement with Bench Press Limited
- 2021-134 to accept the transfer of an easement over Part 4 on Reference Plan 52R-8420 for the purpose of maintaining a 250mm sanitary sewer
- 2021-135 to dedicate lands as public highway and name them Nick Kaneb Drive, 2021-107-Infrastructure and Municipal Works
- 2021-136 renaming Virginia Drive to Nick Kaneb Drive
- 2021-137 to amend the Traffic and Parking By-Law 069-1989, Schedule I – Stopping Restrictions, Schedule II – Parking Restrictions, Schedule XV – Stop Signs and Schedule XVI – Yield Signs
- 2021-138 directing and enacting the manner in which the 2022 interim levy authorized by Section 317 of the Municipal Act, 2001 is to be collected
- 2021-139 to provide for the supply and distribution of water and the collection of rates for the use of water and water-related services
- 2021-140 to establish the Sewage Service Surcharge
- 2021-141 to authorize the borrowing of funds to provide financing for capital works and vehicles
- 2021-142 to authorize the spending of expenditures in the current 304 year prior to the adoption of the operational budget
- 2021-143 to authorize temporary borrowing until taxes are collected and other revenues are received for the current year
- 2021-144 Automotive Materials Stewardship Funding Agreement., 2021-113-Infrastructure and Municipal Works
- 2021-145 HOTC 113 Second Street East and 102 Sydney Program 1
Notices of Motion:
- Cancellation of Council Meeting of Monday, October 24, 2022 – Election Day 2022 was approved and will be brought to Council at the next regular meeting for adoption.
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, January 10, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for December 13, 2021:
|Request for Climate Emergency Declaration – December 13, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Petition for Removal of Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street – August 09, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||January 10, 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||January 10, 2021|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||January 10, 2021|
|Aultsville Theatre – September 13, 2021||CAO||January 10, 2021|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||Presentation at a Planning Advisory and Hearing Committee|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||Presentation at a Planning Advisory and Hearing Committee|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||Presentation at a Planning Advisory and Hearing Committee|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021, November 08, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|