Full Agenda and supporting documents: https://pub-cornwall.escribemeetings.com/FileStream.ashx?DocumentId=5330
City Council received a presentation for the 2021 ITT Master Plan, received a report with 13 recommendations for parking in various lots throughout Cornwall, and approved to appoint Mr. Denis Carr to fill the Council vacancy.
Presentation – 2021 ITT Master Plan — RSM
- RSM have been working on an Information Technology & Telecommunications Master Plan and this is the first ITTMP for Cornwall.
- The project will be implemented over three phases: Phase One: Current State Assessment & Immediate Opportunities, Phase Two: Desired Future State Assessment, and Phase Three: Detailed Implementation Plan & ITTMP.
- Some critical gaps to be bridged in the ITTMP are understaffing and resource planning, lack of a formal communication process, lack of holistic security process, gaps in the technology for functionality for both internal staff and the public.
- The ITTMP will also include hiring an ITT Manager.
Council approved the following under Consent Reports
- Petition – Sidewalk on Dunkirk Street
- Proclamation – Childhood Cancer Awareness Month
- Flag Raising for United Way Month
- Temporary Street Closure for Cornwall Art Walk 2021
- 2021 Annual Housing and Homelessness Plan Update
- Elected Officials Expense Statements for the Period of April 1 to June 30, 2021
- Second Quarter Non-Competitive Procurement Report 2021
- Second Quarter Financial Report 2021
- Request for Removal of Part Lot Control from Falcon Home Construction Inc. on Lots 2, 7 and 15 of Registered Plan 52M-53 – Eastridge Subdivision.
- Request for Removal of Part Lot Control from Falcon Home Construction Inc. on Lots 11 and 12 Plan 52M-33 – Eastridge Subdivision
Resolution 2021-13 – Support for 988 Crisis Line
- Council approved to endorse the 988 Crisis Line initiative.
Resolution 2021-14 – Council Vacancy
- Council approved to declare the seat of Council Vacant.
Parking Working Group Summary Report and Recommendations
- Council approved the list of recommendations as presented by Administration to improve parking in Cornwall:
- 22 Complimentary 15-Minute Parking Stalls throughout Cornwall
- Parking Stalls and Lots: Pay-Per-Hour Service increase from $1/hour to $1.50/hour
- Parking Stalls and Lots: 15 Single-Use Overnight Parking Service for $3.00
- Day-Use Parking Permits ranging from $30 – $525
- City-wide 24-Hour Parking Permits for 46 lots ranging from $50 – $650.
- Private Property Parking Lot Leases (Bingo lot on Second Street West, Pitt & First lot, Port Theatre lot).
- Establish New Public Parking Locations: On-Street paid on-street parking on Cotton Mill Street.
- Establish New Public Parking Locations: Parking Lots to establish up to 31 new public parking spaces in Justice Building Parking Lot.
- Purchase and Install two Pay-By-Plate Machines for the Cotton Mills area.
- Public Parking Initiatives Promotional Strategy to promote the changes to parking and promotion of the Way-To-Park App.
- Development Fees: Cash-In-Lieu Of Parking increase from $1,500 to $2,000 in January 2022.
- Parking Signage and Renaming Municipal Parking Lots to be more clear
- Active Forms Of Transportation for future developments (including bike lanes, traffic calming measures, bike storage, etc.).
Process to Fill a Vacant Seat of Council
- Council approved to appoint the first non-elected candidate for the position of Council Member during its last municipal election to fill the vacancy. This position would be filled by Mr. Denis Carr, should he accept the appointment.
Affordable Housing Complex Update
- The 550 Ninth St. Affordable Housing Complex is in the final planning stages and scheduled to begin construction in Fall 2021, with an occupancy date of October 01, 2022.
- The building will be “solar power ready,” have a bike repair station, have electric vehicle charging stations, have high-efficiency designs, and have a pollinator garden.
- Council approved to receive the Report.
Council approved the following By-Laws:
- By-law 2021-084 Appoint a Council Member to the Cornwall Harbour Development Corporation
- By-law2021-085 Appoint Members of Council to Boards, Committee and Commissions for this term of Council (Cornwall Community Police Service Board) (Glen Stor Dun Lodge Board of Management) (Eastern Ontario Health Unit)
- By-law 2021-086 Appoint Jean Marcil, Manager of Transit, as the Recognized Authority under the Driver Certification Program (DC) and to repeal By-law 2013-201
- By-law 2021-087 One Year Agreement for Auditing Services with MNP LLP
- By-law 2021-088 HOTC 134 Montreal Road Program 2
- By-law 2021-089 Part Lot Control Removal – Lot 2 on Plan 52M53, City of Cornwall, EastRidge
- By-law 2021-090 Part Lot Control Removal – Lot 7 on Plan 52M53, City of Cornwall – EastRidge
- By-law 2021-091 Part Lot Control Removal – Lot 11 on Plan 52M33, City of Cornwall – EastRidge
- By-law 2021-092 Part Lot Control Removal – Lot 12 on Plan 52M33, City of Cornwall – EastRidge
- By-law 2021-093 Part Lot Control Removal – Lot 15 on Plan 52M53, City of Cornwall – EastRidge
By-law 2021-094 Lease Agreement Renewal with the Cornwall Colts Hockey Club
- Council approved to defer this By-Law until all the details can be finalized before approval.
The next regular meeting will be held on Monday, September 13, 2021.
Council received the following Unfinished Business Listing for August 09, 2021:
|Parking During Pandemic and Parking Program Working Group Recommendations – May 11, 2020 – June 8, 2020 – September 13, 2020 – January 11, 2020 – January 25, 2021||Parking Program Working Group||August 2021|
|Newspaper Digitization Project – November 9, 2020||CAO||September 27, 2021|
|Urban Agriculture and Outdoor Gardening – COVID-19 – May 11, 2020 – June 22, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||Zoning By-law|
|Residential Rental Licensing Public Consultation Results – November 13, 2018 – June 8, 2020 – October 13, 2020 – April 26, 2021||Fire Services, Social Services and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Petition for Crosswalk on Second Street West Riverdale Terrace- February 24, 2020- January 22, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Work||TBD|
|Creation of Remote Worker Attraction Strategy January 10, 2020||Working Group||TBD|
|Actionable Items from Environment and Climate Change Committee – October 26, 2020||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|
|Domtar Properties – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|CIL Property – February 22, 2021||CAO||TBD|
|Social Media Policy – March 22, 2021||Council Working Group||TBD|
|Remediation of Gas Stations Upon Closing – April 12, 2021||Infrastructure and Municipal Works and Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Grading By-law – April 26, 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Use of Surveillance Cameras on Private Property – May 10m 2021||Planning, Development and Recreation||TBD|
|Intersection of Vincent Massey Drive and Tollgate Road West||Infrastructure and Municipal Works||TBD|