Businesses heavily impacted by COVID-19 can access guaranteed, low-interest loans of $25,000 to $1 million to cover operational cash flow needs.
Is this the right financing for my business?
These loans are for small and medium-sized businesses that have seen their revenues decrease by 50% or more as a result of COVID-19.
Up to $1 million
The guarantee covers amounts ranging from $25,000 to $1 million to ensure a degree of continuity for your business through the pandemic.
The Government of Canada has mandated BDC to provide a guarantee to your financial institution for 100% of the value of a new term loan, to increase your company’s ability to access new credit.
Flexible and competitive terms
Benefit from a low-interest loan and a repayment term of up to 10 years.
Up to a 12-month postponement of principal payments at the start of the loan.
This HASCAP Guarantee is available until June 30, 2021.
How to apply
Contact your primary financial institution to find out more. Important: You can apply at one financial institution only.
Below are some of the eligibility criteria established by the Government of Canada.
Your primary financial institution will determine whether you qualify for this program based on the eligibility criteria established by the Government of Canada.
Neither BDC nor your financial institution has the authority to grant exceptions to eligibility criteria.
- Your business must have been financially stable and viable prior to the current economic situation.
- You must have received payments either from the Canada Emergency Subsidy (CEWS) or the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) by having demonstrated a minimum 50% revenue decline for at least three months (not necessarily consecutive) within the eight-month period prior to the date of the HASCAP Guarantee application.
- The loan will be used to continue or resume operations.The loan cannot be used to pay or refinance existing
- Your business is Canadian based.
- Other eligibility requirements may apply.
lose for in-person shopping
• Safety, medical and assistive devices retail (excluding pharmacies)
• Shopping malls
• Ski hills
• Tour and guide services
• Vehicle and equipment repair services
• Veterinary services