Chamber Offers Business Ideas to Combat CRA Scammers
August 15, 2016
The Cornwall Chamber recently issued a media article about scam artists contacting consumers and claiming they owed money to the Canada Revenue Agency. In the article, the Chamber offered a number of tips should anyone be contacted.
Here is another article, this one geared towards Cornwall’s business community that may have concerns about scams aimed at their firm. The Chamber has acquired information from the Canada Revenue Service that offers guidance to the region’s business community. The CRA has developed a number of resources that business owners and managers can tap into.
- For general information on scams, go to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre website at antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca.
- To report deceptive telemarketing, call the Centre, toll free at 1-888-495-8501. If a business owner/manager believes they have been the victim of fraud or, have given personal/ financial information unwittingly, they should contact their local police service.
- Should a business owner/manager have concerns about their tax status, they can contact CRA through a secure portal at:
- By telephone, businesses can contact CRA at 1-800-959-5525.
- Service providers with questions can contact CRA at FRAUDCOMMG@cra-arc.gc.ca
To receive updates when new information is added to our website, you can:
- Follow the CRA on Twitter – @CanRevAgency.
- Watch tax-related videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/CanRevAgency